These are the steps to setting up a WordPress website using DreamHost.
- Signup with DreamHost.
- Begin in at your DreamHost login Home page.
- Domains > Registrations > Register a new domain.
- Enter a domain name and click Check Availability, continue through purchase process.
- Wait a few minutes while it sets up.
- Domains > Manage Domains.
- In the column under Web Hosting, for the domain you’re setting up, click the Add link.
- In the Fully Hosted section, under Users, Files, and Paths, next to Run this domain under the user: have Create a New User (Recommended) selected, and below enter the domain name as the username with the .com ending.
- You’ll get a Success message in a green box.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Go to Goodies > One Click Installs > WordPress.
- Under the Custom On-Click Installer select the domain. Leave the other selections as is. Automatically Create Database and Deluxe Install should be selected.
- Click the Install it for me now button.
- Wait about 10 minutes for the installation to complete.
- Go to your new website address and complete the setup process.