A recent update to the JetPack plugin suite from WordPress caused many people to experience errors when attempting to login to their administrative dashboard. This resulted in a significant increase in very negative 1-star ratings, shown here.
Another problem that people complain about with JetPack is that it slows down site load times. This may be a result of having too many of the JetPack features unnecessarily enabled. Because JetPack isn’t a single plugin, but a collection of plugins, it’s typical for people to select only a few features they’d like to use. This can help speed up load times.
Also, there are features in JetPack and other plug-ins, as well as enhanced themes, that offer enhanced content delivery, such as the improved photo gallery.
Most websites have many plugins. Each plugin incrementally slows down a website. Every request for text, images, or other design elements slows down a website. For this reason, most self-hosted sites will use caching services or plugins like WP Super Cache.
Below are the recent changes to the JetPack plugin suite.
Release Date: May 6th, 2015
- Security Hardening: Remove Genericons example.html file.
Release Date: May 5th, 2015
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Changes Facebook share count endpoint
Release Date: May 5th, 2015
- Enhancement: Sharing: Changes Facebook share count method per Facebook API change
- Enhancement: General: Remove .po files to reduce plugin size
- Bug Fix: General: Remove identity crisis notification
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Correct required input validation
- Security hardening
Release Date: April 23rd, 2015 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2016/04/23/jetpack-3-5-menu-management/
Jetpack 3.5 introduces the ability to manage your site’s menus directly from WordPress.com and several bug fixes and enhancements. This upgrade is recommended for all users.
- Enhancement: General: Change security reporting to use a transient instead of option to reduce backup load
- Enhancement: General: Improve module search
- Enhancement: JSON API: Allow users to manage menus through WordPress.com
- Enhancement: Sharing: Reduce spam through email sharing
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Improve recall of CSS revisions
- Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Change class name for Contact Info widget
- Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Fix errors when adding widgets via the customizer
- Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Fix PHP notices in RSS widget
- Bug Fix: General: Fix redirect loop on activation
- Bug Fix: General: Styling fixes
- Bug Fix: Protect: Add IP translation fallback when inet_pton is not available
- Bug Fix: Protect: Always allow login from local IDs
- Bug Fix: Protect: Sanitize displayed IP after block
- Bug Fix: Publicize: Prevent generating Facebook profile links for app-scoped user IDs
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Improve error handling
- Bug Fix: Theme Tools: Include breadcrumb code
- Misc: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Remove Readmill Widget
Release Date: April 20th, 2015
- Security hardening.
Release Date: April 19th, 2015
- Bug Fix: Contact info widget namespacing
- Bug Fix: Potential fatal error from improperly called function
- Bug Fix: Potential fatal error when protect servers are unreachable for WordPress Multisite
Release Date: March 19th, 2015
- Bug Fix: General: Modules not displaying properly in non-English installs
- Bug Fix: Manage: Some installs showing a transient fatal error
- Bug Fix: Protect: Protect module not auto-activating for users who upgrade
- Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Some installs not properly reporting WP version number, causing Omnisearch error
- Bug Fix: Stats: Top posts/pages widget not loading
- Bug Fix: Contact Info Widget: Fix conflict with Avada theme
Release Date: March 18th, 2015
- Enhancement : Config Settings: provide a notification for users that update features settings
- Enhancement : Config Settings: provide a notification for users that update features settings
- Enhancement : Contact Form: Use the predefined $title variable in the anchor tag in grunion contact form button
- Enhancement : Contact Form: Use the predefined $title variable in the anchor tag in the button on admin
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: Add all Custom Post Types to Omnisearch
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: Add option to add Testimonial Custom Content Type in admin
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: bring consistency between the portfolio and testimonial shared codebase
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: code cleanup
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: register namespaced ‘jetpack_portfolio’ shortcode/use a prefix for shortcode for Portfolio
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: set shortcode image size to ‘large’ and add jetpack_portfolio_thumbnail_size filter to allow themes to set their own size for Portfolio
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: testimonial shortcode enhancement
- Enhancement : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Add subscription widget wildcard
- Enhancement : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Likes and Sharing Shortcodes
- Enhancement : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Minor fixes to Facebook widget plugin for SSL
- Enhancement : Fix/update jetpack version
- Enhancement : General: Add DNS Prefetching
- Enhancement : General: Add Jetpack admin dashboard widget
- Enhancement : GlotPress: Update GP_Locales and GP_Locale classes
- Enhancement : Improved control over Nova Theme Menu output markup
- Enhancement : Infinite Scroll: Adds a
buttonwrapper for the infinity handle.
- Enhancement : Infinite Scroll: Check for response.html before using indexOf
- Enhancement : Integrate BruteProtect for protection against Brute Force attacks
- Enhancement : JSON API Manage: Added Mock Jetpack Option to Sync options that don’t have to live in the Database
- Enhancement : JSON API: Add/empty trash days option to sync
- Enhancement : Jump Start: Add “Jump Start” interface for new users
- Enhancement : Manage: Add “modified_before” and “modified_after” parameters to /sites/%s/posts/ via JSON API
- Enhancement : Mobile Theme: Add filter for choosing mobile theme menu
- Enhancement : Notifications: Changes to load the new notifications client.
- Enhancement : Protect: Add a filter so that user can add thier own bots
- Enhancement : Protect: Add security reporting
- Enhancement : Protect: Add/whitelist endpoints via JSON API for Jetpack Protect
- Enhancement : Publicize: update connection confirmation message
- Enhancement : Sharing: Add custom service name as a class
- Enhancement : Sharing: display name of custom service in link title
- Enhancement : Sharing: Remove default post types for showing share links
- Enhancement : Sharing: use Jetpack version number when enqueing sharing.js
- Enhancement : Shortcodes Team Partnerships: Backport fixes from SoundCloud 2.3.1 through 3.0.2
- Enhancement : Shortlinks: use HTTPS when possible
- Enhancement : Stats: Make loading of stats async
- Enhancement : Subscriptions: Added settings field for comment sub text
- Enhancement : Subscriptions: Hide Form After Submit
- Enhancement : Subscriptions: remove label from widget title
- Enhancement : Subscriptions: Update subscriptions.php
- Bug Fix : Contact form: Increase CSS specificity for Contact Forms in widgets
- Bug Fix : Custom Content Type: Testimonial Custom Content Type: use core
WP_Customize_Image_Controlinstead of custom…
- Bug Fix : Extra Sidebar Widgets: add missing & to if statement for widget visibility
- Bug Fix : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Don’t require height/width values in the Twitter Timeline widget
- Bug Fix : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Upload images from the customizer/Extra Sidebar Widgets Tiled Galleries for Gallery Widget
- Bug Fix : General: Fix bug that was preventing modules from displaying properly
- Bug Fix : Manage: When calling /sites/%s/posts/ include all attachments not just the first five via JSON API
- Bug Fix : Mobile Theme: Minileven; Start after DOM ready
- Bug Fix : Sharing: Open sharing in same window
- Bug Fix : Stats language
- Bug Fix : Subscritpions: fix invalid field when no email address
Release Date: February 19th, 2015
- Enhancement: Updated translation files.
- Enhancement: Heartbeat: Correctly stat new datasets.
- Bug Fix: Widget Visibility: Correct some caching of visibility results that may get evaluated too soon.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Hardening.
- Bug Fix: Photon: Make sure our gallery filter can parse array inputs as well as the default html.
Release Date: February 11th, 2015
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Minor versioning data.
- Bug Fix: Markdown: Re-run KSES after processing to account for syntax changes.
- Bug Fix: Media Extractor: Don’t call a gallery a gallery if it hasn’t got any pictures!
- Bug Fix: Module Management: Handle a core api change for folks running trunk.
- Bug Fix: Related Posts: CSS — better clear rows.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Including sharing account on Pinterest unofficial buttons as well.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Properly version external assets by Jetpack release version.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Soundcloud: Backport API compatibility fixes.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Flickr: Tidy up our regex url pattern matching.
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Don’t add ‘Email Address’ as the value — we have placeholders!
- Bug Fix: Widgets: Gallery Widget: Allow folks to upload images from the widget area in the customizer.
Release Date: December 15th, 2014 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2014/12/16/jetpack-3-3-a-single-home-for-all-your-wordpress-sites/
- Enhancement: Adds responsive video support to BuddyPress.
- Enhancement: Custom Content Types: Added ‘order’ and ‘orderby’ options to portfolio shortcode.
- Enhancement: Display notice when Jetpack Development Mode is on.
- Enhancement: General: Update compatibility with Twenty Fifteen.
- Enhancement: Image URL can now be overwritten with the
jetpack_images_fit_image_url_overridefilter after dimensions are set by Photon.
- Enhancement: JSON API: Add Endpoint for trigger Plugin Autoupdates.
- Enhancement: JSON API: General Improvements. Documentation onhttp://developer.wordpress.com/
- Enhancement: Likes: Updated the code to accept arbitrary CPTs.
- Enhancement: Related Posts: Allow filter by
- Enhancement: Sharing: add new
jetpack_sharing_countsfilter for option to turn off sharing counts.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Use the Site Logo Theme Tool and the Site Icon as fallbacks for image tags.
- Enhancement: Shortcodes: Made the code more readable by using output buffers instead of string concatenation.
- Enhancement: Site Logo: Add alias functions to provide backward compatibility for themes expecting the old function calls.
- Enhancement: Slideshow: Add title and alt text to images.
- Enhancement: Subscription Form: Do not display the logged in user’s email address by default.
- Enhancement: Top Posts Widget: Refactor to allow conditional loading of the css.
- Enhancement: Top Posts: Add
jetpack_top_posts_widget_countfilter to control number of displayed posts.
- Bug Fix: Change subscribe_text from
divso that it can contain block-level elements.
- Bug Fix: Fonts: Change path to look for the svg in the right directory.
- Bug Fix: Increase CSS specificity for Contact Forms in widgets.
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Plugins Update: Make sure the plugin doesn’t get deactivated.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Fixes issues where likes don’t load, load master iframe after scripts are loaded.
- Bug Fix: Notes Module: Avoid a PHP Notice in cli scripts when the request doesn’t contain a User-Agent header.
- Bug Fix: Nova Menu CPT: fix notice when we have no taxonomies.
- Bug Fix: Nova Menus: Use current instance to maintain object context.
- Bug Fix: Related Posts: Add filter for
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Prevent duplicate @ in shared Tweets.
- Bug Fix: Site Logo:
get_site_logo()now properly returns the site logo ID when provided in the
- Bug Fix: Site Logo: Correct evaluation of the Display Header Text in Customizer preview.
Release Date: November 14th, 2014
- Enhancement: Updated translation files.
- Enhancement: JSON API: More object vars passed back to some queries. Documentation on http://developer.wordpress.com/
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Pass back correct author in
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Don’t check if a post is freshly pressed on remote Jetpack sites where the function doesn’t exist.
- Bug Fix: Site Logo: Add backward-compatible template tags to match the standalone release.
- Bug Fix: Don’t use DIR — it’s 5.3+ only, and WordPress supports back to 5.2.
- Bug Fix: Retool how we remove the source styles when using the concatenated version.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: TED: Correct default language code from
- Bug Fix: Gallery Widget: Add a default background color.
- Bug Fix: Subscription Notifications: Remove the label.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: enqueue Genericons on static front page as well if selected.
Release Date: October 29, 2014 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2014/11/03/jetpack-3-2/
- Enhancement: Speed Improvements (woohoo!).
- Enhancement: Add site icons: an avatar for your blog.
- Enhancement: Improvements to API endpoints.
- Enhancement: Add oEmbed sources (Twitter, SoundCloud, Instagram, DailyMotion, Vine).
- Enhancement: Add indicators to make it easier to see which modules are active.
- Enhancement: Improve debug tool.
- Enhancement: Add new ‘Site Logos’ code to theme tools, for themes that opt in to support it.
- Enhancement: Improved caching for related posts.
- Enhancement: Added “Remember Me” functionality to Single Sign On.
- Enhancement: Improved accessibility.
- Enhancement: Added additional filters to Widget Visibility.
- Bug Fix: Fixed PHP Notice errors for Likes, Widget Visibility.
- Bug Fix: Improvements to the testimonials CPT.
- Bug Fix: Improved RTL on VideoPress admin.
- Bug Fix: Removed Google+ Authorship module (discontinued by Google).
- Bug Fix: Fixed use of deprecated function in mobile theme.
- Bug Fix: Various fixes to Tiled Galleries.
- Bug Fix: Various fixes to Contact Form.
- Bug Fix: Various fixes to oEmbed.
- Bug Fix: Various fixes to Single Sign On.
- Bug Fix: Fixed styles in ShareDaddy.
- Bug Fix: Better match protocols (http/https) to the site.
Release Date: August 7, 2014
- Enhancement: Update translation files for strings that had been submitted/approved since release.
- Bug Fix: Social Links: Add a function check to better degrade if Publicize isn’t around.
- Bug Fix: Open Graph: Add WordPress SEO back to the blacklist, until they update how they opt us out.
- Bug Fix: Asset Minification: Add another caveat ( empty $plugin ) to short out on.
- Bug Fix: Deprecated Hooks: Fixing our expectations where something that should be an array occasionally wasn’t.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Add extra whitelist rule for -o-keyframe rules.
Release Date: July 31, 2014 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2014/07/31/jetpack-3-1-portfolio-custom-post-types-a-new-logo-and-much-more/
- Enhancement: New Custom Content Types module.
- Enhancement: New Jetpack Logo.
- Enhancement: New optional JSON API endpoints for viewing updates and managing plugins and themes.
- Enhancement: New Custom Post Type: Portfolio!
- Enhancement: Rearranged buttons on the modules modals for easier management.
- Enhancement: Jetpack Settings have improved keyboard accessibility.
- Enhancement: Improved RTL support for After the Deadline, Carousel, Contact Form, Comics CPT, Custom CSS, Omnisearch, Publicize, Related Posts, Slideshow short code, Tiled Gallery, Widget-Visibility and Widgets Gallery.
- Enhancement: Contact Form: Add an “Empty Spam” option.
- Enhancement: i18n: Change the priority of where plugin_textdomain is hooked so that the plugins can better translate Jetpack.
- Enhancement: Monitor: Displays how often the site is checked for downtime.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Added Mixcloud shortcode and oEmbed support.
- Enhancement: Social Links: Improved handling of customizer hooks in non-admin context.
- Enhancement: Stats: The smiley image is gone by default.
- Enhancement: Stats: Added link to the configure page for stats so that the stats settings page is easier to find.
- Enhancement: Theme Tools: Added the responsive videos to theme tools so that themes can support responsive videos more easily.
- Update: Updated Genericons to version 3.1, new icons for website, ellipsis, foursquare, x-post, sitemap, hierarchy and paintbrush.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Prefix function to avoid conflicts with other plugins.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Admin UI has a responsive layout.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Custom $content_width value doesn’t overwrite theme’s $content_width.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Feedback link takes you to the form page.
- Bug Fix: Carousel: Confirms an avatar is returned by get_avatar before displaying.
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Don’t remove setting validation.
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Google Universal Analytics support added.
- Bug Fix: Multisite: Add message when updating multisite settings.
- Bug Fix: Photon: Photon will no longer upscale images larger than the original size.
- Bug Fix: Photon: Check that the image exists before rewriting the image URL to utilize Photon.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Pinterest adds attribute to display share count.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Respect an empty sharing title.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Share buttons now appear in the bbPress forms.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Support for multiple meta html tag og:image values.
- Bug Fix: Single Sign On: Logout allows override of forcing Single Sign On.
- Bug Fix: Single Sign On: Remove the lost password link on auto-forward logout.
- Bug Fix: Social Links: Do not use anonymous function for compatibility with PHP 5.2.
- Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries: Update jQuery mouseover caption effect to reduce flickering.
- Bug Fix: Widgets Visibility: Works better in the customizer admin view.
Release Date: June 17, 2014
- Enhancement: General: Make module categories filter more visible when active.
- Enhancement: General: Updated translation files with more strings added since the last release.
- Enhancement: General: Allow deep-linking to the Contact Support form.
- Bug Fix: General: RTL Jetpack Admin UI looks better.
- Bug Fix: General: Fixed PHP warning when bulk deactivating modules.
- Bug Fix: General: Removed an unnecessary description.
- Bug Fix: General: Resolved an SSL error on Jetpack Admin UI.
- Bug Fix: General: Fix error comparing signatures when the WordPress installation is using site_url filters (applied mostly to WPEngine sites).
- Bug Fix: General: Resolved PHP strict error on the mobile menu.
- Bug Fix: General: Fix timing of conditional checks, so that calling developer mode via a plugin works again.
- Bug Fix: General: Main page categories tab now properly translates module names.
- Bug Fix: Related Posts: Fix a typo, the “more info” link now works.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Improve button styling.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Remove unused UI for Reblog settings on social settings page.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Updated to no longer use a deprecated Akismet function.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Sends email to the administrator that is not marked as spam again.
- Bug Fix: Open Graph: Resolved PHP warning on open graph gallery pages when the gallery is empty.
Release Date: May 22, 2014
- Bug Fix: AtD: A wpcom-only function got synced by mistake and caused a few errors. Fixed.
- Bug Fix: Post By Email: Add static keyword to a function.
- Bug Fix: ShareDaddy: In the admin-side configuration of sharing links, we used a Path icon instead of Pinterest. Oops!
- Bug Fix: ShareDaddy: We inadvertently appended
via @jetpackto some twitter shares. This is no longer the case.
- Bug Fix: Related Posts: Tidying up and relocation of the
resyncbutton formerly on the more info modal.
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Work better with core’s MediaElement.js
- Bug Fix: Heartbeat: Undeclared variable fixed.
Release Date: May 20, 2014 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2014/05/20/jetpack-3-0/
- New User Interface for managing modules and settings
- New Module: Verfication Tools
- Enhancement: New look for the Sharing module
- Enhancement: Multiple improvements on which Twitter handle a Twitter card will display
- Enhancement: Add option to hide Google+ Authorship banner while still receiving the benefits
- Enhancement: Many Infinite Scroll enhancements to improve performance
- Enhancement: Infinite Scroll will use your CPT’s display name instead of “Older Posts”
- Enhancement: JSON API added /media/new endpoint
- Enhancement: Added filter to assign new default image for Open Graph tags
- Enhancement: New [jetpack-related-posts] shortcode to add Related Posts to page instead of default placement
- Enhancement: Added SSO option to turn off login form completely, to use WordPress.com login exclusively
- Enhancement: The shortcode allows for Google Maps Engine
- Enhancement: YouTube shortcode allows HD playback
- Enhancement: Smoother, Faster Tiled Galleries!
- Enhancement: New languages! Use Jetpack in Irish, Fulah, and Tigrinya
- Bug Fix: Use your browser’s Back and Forward buttons when naviagating a Carousel
- Bug Fix: Various Related Posts fixes and improvements for added flexibility
- Bug Fix: WordPress 3.9: Restores ability to edit Contact Forms
- Bug Fix: WordPress 3.9: Restores Gallery Widget compatability
- Bug Fix: Ensure Markdown is kept when Bulk Editing posts
- Bug Fix: Improved Jetpack’s Multisite Network Admin page for networks with a large number of sites
- Bug Fix: Ensure Sharing settings persist when Bulk Editing a post
- Bug Fix: Various other shortcode improvements
Release Date: April 10, 2014
- Important security update. CVE-2014-0173
Release Date: March 17, 2014
- Bug Fix: Publicize: When publishing from a mobile app or third-party client, Publicize now works again.
Release Date: March 6, 2014
- Bug Fix: SSO: Disable the implementation of an option that had been removed before release. This would have only been an issue if a site administrator had enabled the module during an early beta of 2.9.
Release Date: February 26, 2014 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2014/02/26/jetpack-2-9/
- Added Multisite network functionality
- New Module: Related Posts
- Enhancement: Single Sign On
- Enhancement: Mixcloud shortcode and oEmbed
- Enhancement: Gist shortcode and oEmbed
- Enhancement: Modify Facebook Like Box widget to support new Facebook parameters
- Enhancement: Rolled the Push Notifications module into the Notes module
- Enhancement: Update kses with Markdown
- Enhancement: Adding keyboard accessibility to sharing buttons config page
- Enhancement: Pull WordPress testing bits from the new official git mirror at WordPress.org
- Bug Fix: Widget Visibility
- Bug Fix: Revisions box in Custom CSS
- Bug Fix: Fix several bugs in the WordPress Posts Widget so that it correctly updates
- Bug Fix: Limit Login Attempts no longer generates false positives from xmlrpc.
- Bug Fix: Clear max_posts transient on theme switch.
- Bug Fix: Lower priority of sync to allow all CPTs to be registered.
- Bug Fix: Contact form fields emailed in correct order.
- Other bugfixes and enhancements athttps://github.com/Automattic/jetpack/commits/2.9
Release Date: January 31, 2014 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2014/01/31/jetpack-2-8-introducing-markdown-and-improving-monitor/
- New Module: Markdown
- Module Update: Jetpack Monitor
- Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: Keep track of $current_day between requests so the_date() works well.
- Enhancement: Embeds: New filter to turn off embeds in comments.
- Enhancement: Contact Form: Add placeholder support.
- Enhancement: Widget: Gravatar Profile: Added filters to allow users to customize headings and fixed output of personal links.
- Enhancement: Facebook OG Tags: Add
authorif the post type supports it.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Display buttons on CPT archive pages.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Add
get_share_titlefunction and filter.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Add filter
- Enhancement: Twitter Timeline: Flesh out tweet limit option.
- Enhancement: Social Links: Add Google+ to the list of supported services.
- Enhancement: Stats: Improve dashboard styles in 3.8.
- Enhancement: Stats: No longer use Quantcast.
- Enhancement: Top Posts: Add
- Enhancement: AtD: Add TinyMCE 4 compatibility for its pending arrival in WordPress 3.9
- Enhancement: Genericons: Update to v3.0.3
- Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: Add alt attributes to images.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: YouTube: Accept protocol-relative URLs.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Slideshow: Add white background option.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: YouTube: Add support for the two closed-caption arguments.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Vimeo: Update the regex to support the new embed code.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Google Maps: Update the regex to handle new format for embeds.
- Enhancement: Likes: Avoid a PHP Notice when $_POST[‘post_type’] is not set in meta_box_save.
- Enhancement: Smush images to save on file size.
- Enhancement: Publicize: Enable opt-in publicizing of custom post types.
- Bug Fix: Random Redirect: Further namespace to avoid conflicts.
- Bug Fix: Twitter Timeline: Resolve undefined index notice.
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Add extra class_exists() check to be extra careful.
- Bug Fix: Facebook OG Tags: Change OG type of Home and Front Page to ‘website’
- Bug Fix: Widget Visibility: Add support for old-style single use widgets.
- Bug Fix: Google Authorship: Support apostrophe in author names.
- Bug Fix: Media Extractor: Assorted graceful failure caveats.
- Bug Fix: Carousel: ‘Link to None’ bug fixed.
- Bug Fix: Embeds: Bandcamp: Switch escaping function for album and track IDs to handle (int)s greater than PHP_INT_MAX
- Bug Fix: Some plugins trying to catch brute-force attacks mistakenly flagged the Jetpack connection as one.
Release Date: December 11, 2013 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2013/12/11/jetpack-2-7-publicize/
- Enhancement: Google+ Publicize
- Enhancement: Add Cloudup as an oEmbed provider
- Enhancement: Subscriptions: Add subscribe_field_id filter to allow updated ids when using multiple widgets
- Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: TwentyFourteen Support
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix warning when form is called outside the loop
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Moving Settings to Customizer, provide option to set default tag as fallback, specify all supported post-types rather than just additional ones. Description Updates
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Compat with ‘additional_post_types’ theme support argument. Comment updates
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Make sure $term is an object before we treat it as one
- Bug Fix: GlotPress: Merge with latest GlotPress
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: prevent Undefined index notice that can cause IS to fail when user has WP_DEBUG set to true
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Improved compatibility with Carousel, Tiled Galleries, VideoPress, and the
- Bug Fix: Likes: Stop manually including version.php and trust the global. Some whitespace fixes, and if it’s an attachment, follow the post_status of the parent post
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Display password field for Gallery format protected posts
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Add new translation width for share button, and Google Plus icons
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Support Ineternational Google domains for maps
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Facebook Embeds: Register alternate permalink.php URL for posts
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Moved inline styles from widget email input to separate css file
- Bug Fix: Theme Tools: Fix glitch where random-redirect.php also showed as a plugin being deleted if you were deleting Jetpack
- Bug Fix: Misc: Internationalization & RTL updates
- Bug Fix: Misc: Prevent collisions with ‘Facebook Featured Image & OG Meta Tags’ plugin
Release Date: December 3, 2013
- Bug Fix: minor styling fix in pre- and post-MP6/3.8 UI changes.
- Bug Fix: Stats: spinner gif url fix when the user is viewing it over https.
- Bug Fix: Stats: Switch to esc_html from htmlspecialchars in error message — better to be native
- Bug Fix: Media Extractor: some hosts don’t compile unicode for preg_match_all, so we temporarily removed the block that depended on it.
- Bug Fix: Media Extractor: Add in some error handling for malformed URLs.
- Bug Fix: Twitter Cards: treat single-image galleries as a photo-type.
- Bug Fix: Update conflicting plugins for OG tags and Twitter Cards.
- Bug Fix: Correct max supported version number — had been 3.6, update to 3.7.1
Release Date: November 28, 2013 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2013/11/26/new-release-jetpack-2-6/
- Enhancement: WPCC / now called SSO: refactored.
- Enhancement: Monitor: new module which will notify you if your site goes down(http://jetpack.me/support/monitor/).
- Enhancement: Custom CSS: replace Ace editor with Codemirror.
- Enhancement: Widgets: new “Display Posts” widget.
- Enhancement: WP-CLI: add commands to disconnect a site and manage modules.
- Enhancement: Contact Form: new filters,
- Enhancement: Custom Post Types: new restaurant post type.
- Enhancement: Genericons: update to version 3.0.2.
- Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: many improvements and fixes.
- Enhancement: Likes: performance improvements.
- Enhancement: MP6: Jetpack icons are now compatible with WordPress 3.8.
- Enhancement: Open Graph: better descriptions, fallback images, and media extraction from video posts.
- Enhancement: Publicize: new background token tests for connected publicize services and display problems on settings sharing and add new post.
- Enhancement: Shortcodes: updated Bandcamp shortcode to support the
minimalattributes, as well as more
- Enhancement: Shortlinks: add Custom Post Type support.
- Enhancement: Subscriptions: add more ways to customize the subscriptions widget.
- Enhancement: Twitter Cards: better media management and card type detection, and better handling of conflicts with other Twitter Cards plugins.
- Enhancement: better handling of conflicts with other plugins.
- Bug Fix: After the Deadline: add a typeof check for
tinyMCEPreInit.mceInitto prevent js errors.
- Bug Fix: Carousel: speed improvements and several bugfixes.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: remove nonce creating issues with caching plugins.
- Bug Fix: Custom Post Types: Testimonials: return if featured image is empty so it can be removed after it’s been set.
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: add additional post type support through the
- Bug Fix: Google Authorship: support apostrophes in Google+ profiles.
- Bug Fix: Google Authorship: use a regexp Instead of using
mb_convert_encoding, which doesn’t enjoy universal support.
- Bug Fix: Heartbeat: ensure that it never triggers more than once per week.
- Bug Fix: JSON API: add new
?meta=parameter that allows you to expand the data found in the
- Bug Fix: JSON API: add new
is_privateresponse to the sites endpoint and
global_IDresponse to the reader and post endpoints.
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: allow small images to display inline.
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: fix fatal errors for missing
- Bug Fix: Photon: fix errors when an image is not uploaded properly.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: improvements to Archives, Google+, Presentations, Vine and Youtube.
- Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries: improve display of panoramic images and fix errors when an image is not uploaded properly.
Release Date: September 19, 2013 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2013/09/19/jetpack-2-5/
- Enhancement: Connect your Google+ profile and WordPress site to prove authorship of posts.
- Enhancement: Improved sharing buttons display.
- Enhancement: Comment on your posts using Google+ to signin.
- Enhancement: Embed Google+ posts into your posts.
- Enhancement: Added event logging capabilities for debugging
- Enhancement: LaTeX is now available in dev mode
- Enhancement: Introduced gallery widget
- Enhancement: Added new module: VideoPress
- Enhancement: Updated identity crisis checker
- Enhancement: Tiled Gallery widget added
- Enhancement: Google +1 button changed to Google+ Share button, to avoid confusion
- Enhancement: Added check to ensure Google+ authorship accounts have disconnected properly
- Enhancement: Updated identity crisis checker
- Enhancement: Tiled Gallery widget added
- Enhancement: Google +1 button changed to Google+ Share button, to avoid confusion
- Enhancement: Added the ability to embed Facebook posts
- Bug Fix: Redirect issue with G+ authorship when WordPress is not in the root directory
- Enhancement: Better security if carousel to prevent self-XSS
- Enhancement: Better handling of cookies for subsites on multisite installs
- Bug Fix: Check for post in G+ authorship before accessing it
Release Date: September 5, 2013
- Enhancement: Converted to module headers to detect Auto-Activating modules.
- Enhancement: WPCC: Added ‘Close’ link to deactivate WPCC in the admin nag.
- Enhancement: JSON API: Add User Nicename to the user data.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Stopped using a short tag.
- Bug Fix: Changed CSS selector to catch MP6 stylings.
- Bug Fix: Dropped FILE references in class.jetpack.php in favor of JETPACK__PLUGIN_DIR constant, now code that deactivates the plugin from the connect nag works again.
- Bug Fix: Random Redirect: Add random-redirect to the plugins overriden list, in case someone is using Matt’s Random Redirect plugin.
- Bug Fix: Tiled Gallery: Revert r757178 relating to tiled gallery defaults.
- Bug Fix: Return false, not zero, if $GLOBALS[‘content_width’] isn’t defined.
- Bug Fix: WPCC: Don’t call wp_login_url() in the constructor — if someone is running a custom login page, that can break things if their plugin runs get_permalink as a filter before init.
- Bug Fix: Tiled Gallery: Add fallback if post_parent == 0 due to infinite_scroll_load_other_plugins_scripts.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Set the ACE gutter z-index to 1.
- Bug Fix: Custom Post Types: Switch from wp_redirect() to wp_safe_redirect().
- Bug Fix: Likes: Set overflow:hidden; on the likes adminbar item.
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Migrate where/when the custom header stuff is included.
- Bug Fix: Slideshow Shortcode: Add a height of 410px.
Release Date: September 4, 2013
- Enhancement: Don’t auto-activate WPCC.
Release Date: August 30, 2013 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2013/09/04/jetpack-2-4-widget-visibility-and-wpcc-and-more/
- Enhancement: WordPress.com Connect (WPCC): New Module.
- Enhancement: Widget Visibility: New Module.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Addition of new Twitter Timeline shortcode.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Addition of new Presentation shortcode.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Addition of new Vine shortcode.
- Enhancement: Custom Post Types: CPTs are available.
- Enhancement: Subscriptions: Add ‘jetpack_is_post_mailable’ filter.
- Enhancement: OpenGraph: Add Twitter Cards meta tags as well.
- Enhancement: Custom CSS: Update lessc and scssc preprocessors to 0.4.0 and 0.0.7 respectively.
- Enhancement: Omnisearch: Add Media results.
- Enhancement: Likes: Use a protocol-agnostic iframe, instead of forced HTTPS.
- Enhancement: Top Posts: Increase post limit.
- Enhancement: Publicize: Updated JS and UI.
- Enhancement: Photon: New filter to let site admins/owners enable photon for HTTPS urls.
- Enhancement: New jetpack_get_available_modules filter.
- Enhancement: Subscriptions: Antispam measures.
- Bug Fix: Add inline style to keep plugins/themes from inadvertently hiding the Connect box.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Respect the new wp_revisions_to_keep filter.
- Bug Fix: Photon: Only hook jetpack_photon_url into the filter if the user has Photon active.
- Bug Fix: Heartbeat: Used wrong object, occasinally fatal-erroring out for the cron.
- Bug Fix: Add an empty debug.php file to the /modules/ folder, to solve some update issues where it never got deleted.
Release Date: August 12, 2013
- Enhancement: Added Path support to Publicize.
Release Date: August 6, 2013
- Bug Fix: Correct when output occurs with CSV export for feedback.
- Bug Fix: Tidy up the Heartbeat API.
- Enhancement: User Agent: Improve detecting of bots.
- Enhancement: Genericons: Make sure we’re pulling the freshest version from genericons.com on each release.
- Enhancement: JSON API: Open up replies/new endpoints so that users can comment on blogs that are not in their access token.
- Enhancement: Photon: Apply to
get_post_gallery()function as well.
- Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: Add a default bottom margin to be more robust out of the box.
- Translations: Adding in fresher translation files.
- Deprecation: Removing the retinization code for 3.4, as it was included in WordPress trunk from 3.5 onwards.
Release Date: July 26, 2013
- Bug Fix: We were inadvertently overwriting cron schedules with our Jetpack heartbeat. This should now be fixed.
- Enhancement: New Facebook Sharing icons.
- Enhancement: Minor update to the Minileven stylesheet.
Release Date: July 25, 2013
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Facebook Pages were not available when connecting a Publicize account.
- Bug Fix: For some web hosts, fixed an issue where ‘Jetpack ID’ error would occur consistently on connecting to WordPress.com.
- Enhancement: Adding some new stats and heartbeat checking to Jetpack.
Release Date: July 2, 2013
- Enhancement: Social Links: Retooling the class for better consistency and performance behind the scenes.
- Enhancement: Omnisearch: Make it easier to search Custom Post Types. No longer need to extend the class, if all you want is a basic display. Just call
new Jetpack_Omnisearch_Posts( 'cpt' );
- Enhancement: Sharing Buttons: LinkedIn: Use the official button’s sharing link on the Jetpack implementation for a more consistent sharing experience and produce better results on LinkedIn’s end.
- Enhancement: Debug / Connection: Better logic in determining whether the server can use SSL to connect to WPCOM servers.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Twitter: Calculate the size of the Tweet based on the short URL rather than the full URL size.
- Enhancement: Debug: More readable and understandable messages.
- Enhancement: Likes: Including some MP6 styles.
- Enhancement: Comments: Add new core classes to comment form. See http://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/24525
- Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Don’t load everything initially, run the providers off admin_init, and then issue an action for folks to hook into.
- Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Modify some child class functions to match the parent’s parameters and avoid strict notices in newer versions of PHP.
- Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Hide the search form in the module description if the current user can’t use it.
- Bug Fix: Comment Form: Use edit_pages, not edit_page (fixes glitch in previous beta, never publicly released).
- Bug Fix: Twitter Timeline Widget: Additional testing of values and casting to default if they are nonconforming.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Pinterest: Make the button wider if there’s a count to avoid overlapping with others.
- Bug Fix: Post By Email: Change configuration_redirect to static.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Don’t call configuration_redirect as a static, do it as a method.
- Bug Fix: Add some further security measures to module activation.
Release Date: June 19, 2013 Release Post:http://jetpack.me/2013/06/19/jetpack-2-3/
- Enhancement: Omnisearch: Search once, get results from everything! Omnisearch is a single search box that lets you search many different things
- Enhancement: Debugger: this module helps you debug connection issues right from your dashboard, and contact the Jetpack support team if needed
- Enhancement: Social Links: this module is a canonical source, based on Publicize, that themes can use to let users specify where social icons should link to
- Enhancement: It’s now easier to find out if a module is active or note, thanks to the new Jetpack::is_module_active()
- Enhancement: Contact Form: You are now able to customize the submit button text thanks to the submit_button_text parameter
- Enhancement: Comments: We’ve added a filter to let users customize the Comment Reply label, and users can now also customize the prompt on the comment form again.
- Enhancement: Mobile Theme: Add genericons.css and registering it so it’s easily accessible to other modules that may want it
- Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: You can now customize the captions, thanks to the jetpack_slideshow_slide_caption filter
- Enhancement: Widgets: Twitter Timeline: Add the noscrollbar option
- Enhancement: Widgets: Facebook Like Box Widget: add a show_border attribute
- Enhancement: Widgets: FB Like Box: let Jetpack users override the iframe background color set in an inline style attribute by using the jetpack_fb_likebox_bg filter
- Bug Fix: Carousel: Fix a bug where double-clicking a gallery thumbnail broke the carousel functionality
- Bug Fix: Comments: Change “must-log-in” to class from ID
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Make the Add Contact Form link a button, ala Add Media in core
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix encoding of field labels
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Remove references to missing images
- Bug Fix: Fix 2 XSS vulnerabilities
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Minor fixes for bbPress compatibility
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Fix metadata bugs
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Add a new hook that is fired when a post is posted using the API
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Prefork/REST: update path normalizer to accept versions other than 1
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Remove extra parenthesis in CSS
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Move content width filters higher up so that they’re active for all users, not just logged-in admins.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: All CSS properties that accept images as values need to be allowed to be declared multiple times so that cross-browser gradients work
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Allow themes to define a custom function to render the IS footer
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Fix up Twenty Thirteen styles for RTL and small viewports.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Fix ‘Call to undefined function’
- Bug Fix: Likes: Add scrolling no to iframe to make sure that like button in admin bar does not show scrollbars
- Bug Fix: Likes: Remove setInterval( JetpackLikesWidgetQueueHandler, 250 ) call that was causing heavy CPU load
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Remove unused variable & function call
- Bug Fix: Publicize: Fix LinkedIn profile URL generation
- Bug Fix: Publicize: Better refresh handling for services such as LinkedIn and Facebook
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Audio shortcode: Treat src as element 0. Fixes audio shortcodes created by wp_embed_register_handler when an audio url is on a line by itself
- Bug Fix: Bandcamp: Updates to the Bandcamp shortcode
- Bug Fix: Stats: Fix missing function get_editable_roles on non-admin page loads
- Bug Fix: Widgets: Twitter Timeline: Fix HTML links in admin; set default values for width/height; change some of the sanitization functions
- Bug Fix: Widgets: Top Posts Widget: Exclude attachments
- Bug Fix: Widgets: Top Posts Widget: fix data validation for number of posts
- Bug Fix: Fix PHP warnings non-static method called dynamically
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue in image extraction from HTML content
- Bug Fix: Open Graph: Change default minimum size for og:image too 200×200
- Note: The old Twitter widget was removed in favour of Twitter Timeline widget
- Note: Add is_module_active() to make it easier to detect what is and what isn’t
- Note: Compressing images via lossless methods
- Note: Tidying up jetpack’s CSS
- Note: Set the max DB version for our retina overrides that were meant to stop for WordPress 3.5
- Note: Updating spin.js to the current version, and shifting to the canonical jquery.spin.js library
- Note: Adding Jetpack_Options class, and abstracting out options functions to it
Release Date: May 1, 2013
- Enhancement: Stats: Counting of registered users’ views can now be enabled for specific roles
- Bug Fix: Security tightening for metadata support in the REST API
- Bug Fix: Update the method for checking Twitter Timeline widget_id and update coding standards
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Allow the content width setting to be larger than the theme’s content width
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Fix possible missing argument warning.
Release Date: April 26, 2013
- Bug Fix: JSON API compat file include was not assigning a variable correctly, thus throwing errors. This has been resolved.
Release Date: April 26, 2013
- Enhancement: Comments – Add the reply-title H3 to the comment form so that themes or user CSS can style it
- Enhancement: Custom CSS – Support for the CSS @viewport
- Enhancement: JSON API – Support for i_like, is_following, and is_reblogged
- Enhancement: JSON API: Custom Post Type Support
- Enhancement: JSON API: Meta Data Support
- Enhancement: JSON API: Bundled Support for bbPress
- Enhancement: JSON API: Additions of following, reblog, and like status for post endpoints.
- Enhancement: Shortcodes – Add Bandcamp shortcode
- Enhancement: Tiled Galleries – Add code to get blog_id
- Bug Fix: Carousel – Support relative image paths incase a plugin is filtering attachment URLs to be relative instead of absolute
- Bug Fix: Carousel – Add likes widget to images / Respect comment settings for name/email
- Bug Fix: Carousel – Make name and email optional if the setting in the admin area says they are
- Bug Fix: Contact Form – Bug fixes, including a fix for WP-CLI
- Bug Fix: Contact Form – Remove deprecated .live calls, delegate lazily to jQuery(document) since it’s all in an iframe modal
- Bug Fix: Contact Form – RTL styles
- Bug Fix: Contact Form – Better handle MP6 icons
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – array_shift() took a variable by reference, so avoid passing it the result of a function
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – Allow case-insensitive CSS properties (ref)
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll – Maintain main query’s
post__not_invalues when querying posts for IS
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll – Ensure that IS’s
pre_get_postsmethod isn’t applied in the admin. Also fixes an incorrect use of
add_action()was meant. Fixes #1696-plugins
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll – CSS update – IS footer was too large in Firefox
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll – Add bundled support for Twenty Thirteen default theme
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll – Include posts table’s prefix when modifying the SQL WordPress generates to retrieve posts for Infinite Scroll
- Bug Fix: JSON API – Use wp_set_comment_status to change the comment status, to make sure actions are run where needed
- Bug Fix: Likes – Update style and logic for matching id’s
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme – Ensure that
minileven_actual_current_theme()is child-theme compatible + other updates
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme – Update method for finding currently active theme.
- Bug Fix: Notifications – Remove the postmessage.js enqueue since this feature solely supports native postMessage
- Bug Fix: Notifications – Clean up script enqueues and use core versions of underscore and backbone on wpcom as fallbacks
- Bug Fix: Notifications – Enqueue v2 scripts and style
- Bug Fix: Notifications – Prefix module-specific scripts and style to prevent collision
- Bug Fix: Notifications – Include lang and dir attributes on #wpnt-notes-panel so the notifications iframe can use these to display correctly
- Bug Fix: Open Graph: Use the profile OG type instead of author. Add tags for first/last names
- Bug Fix: Publicize – Remove the Yahoo! service because they stopped supporting that API entirely
- Bug Fix: Publicize – fix fatal errors caused by using a method on a non-object. Props @ipstenu
- Bug Fix: Sharing – Adding 2x graphics for Pocket sharing service
- Bug Fix: Sharing – Bug fixes, and a new filter
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes – Audio: make sure that the Jetpack audion shortcode does not override the 3.6 core audio shortcode. Also, we need to filter the old Jetpack-style shortcode to properly set the params for the Core audio shortcode.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes – Audio: Re-enable the flash player
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes – Slideshow: RTL styling update
- Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries – Fix IE8 display bug where it doesn’t honor inline CSS for width on images
- Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries – Remove depreacted hover call, use mouseenter mouseleave instead
Release Date: April 5, 2013
- Enhancement: Mobile Theme: Add controls for custom CSS.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Add Pocket to the available services.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Update the method for generating content width setting.
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Security updates.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Add settings for email notifications and misc style updates.
- Bug Fix: Notifications: Add the post types to sync after init.
- Bug Fix: Publicize: RTL styling.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: security fixes and function prefixing.
- Bug Fix: Widgets: Update wording on the Top Posts widget for clarity.
- Bug Fix: Jetpack Post Images security fixes.
Release Date: March 28, 2013
- Enhancement: Development Mode: Define the
trueto enable an offline mode for localhost development. Only modules that don’t require a WordPress.com connection can be enabled in this mode.
- Enhancement: Likes: Added the number of likes to the wp-admin/edit.php screens.
- Enhancement: Mobile Theme – design refresh
- Enhancement: Shortcodes – Add a filter to the shortcode loading section so that a plugin can override what Jetpack loads for shortcodes
- Enhancement: Widgets – Filter Jetpack’s widgets so that a plugin can control which widgets get loaded
- Bug Fix: Comments – Add in a wrapper div with id=’commentform’
- Bug Fix: Contact Form – Added date field with datepicker
- Bug Fix: Contact Form – Allowed non-text widgets to use contact forms by running their output through the widget_text filter
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – Allowing color values to be defined multiple times
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – Dynamically loading the correct CSS/LESS/SCSS mode for the CSS editor if the user changes the preprocessor
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – Using the unminified worker CSS
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – Added rule: reminder about using .custom-background on body selector
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – Modified rule: Removed portion of overqualification rule that deems ‘a.foo’ overqualified if there are no other ‘a’ rules
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – Ensuring that the editor and the textarea behind it are using the same font so that the cursor appears in the correct location
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – Fix a bug that caused some sites to always ignore the base theme’s CSS when in preview mode
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS – Run stripslashes() before passing CSS to save()
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll – Use the
is_main_query()function and query method
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll – Remove unused styles and an unnecessary margin setting
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll – Allow the query used with IS to be filtered, so IS can be applied to a new query within a page template
- Bug Fix: JSON API – Catch the ‘User cannot view password protected post’ error from can_view_post and bypass it for likes actions if the user has the password entered
- Bug Fix: Likes – Bump cache buster, Don’t show likes for password protected posts
- Bug Fix: Notifications – Remove a redundant span closing tag
- Bug Fix: Photon – If an image is already served from Photon but the anchor tag that surrounds it hasn’t had its
hrefvalue rewritten to use Photon, do so. Accounts for WP galleries whose individual items are linked to the original image files
- Bug Fix: Publicize – Allows GLOBAL_CAP to be filtered, Adds an AYS to connection deletion, UI improvement for MP6 (and in general)
- Bug Fix: Sharedaddy – Fire the…
[The provided Changelog for JetPack is incomplete and only goes as far back as an incomplete update from 28 March 2013.]