Process. The cost of the website sill mostly depend on how much of my time is required. That includes phone calls, emails, and meetings related to site additions, modifications, and redesigns.
Hosting Fees. In addition to my hourly rates, you’ll pay for hosting fees. The WordPress.com sites shown on my portfolio page are about $18 a year for domain registration and hosting, with almost 200 customizable themes. Self-hosting of a WordPress site can cost about $100 to $150 per year. It’s a little more complicated, yet offers more themes and greater customization.
Themes. Free themes work well, yet it’s sometimes wise to pay for a commercially supported theme. This can cost $50 or more. It offers expanded support from the developers of the theme.
My Rates. Eeach year I discover increasingly cost effective ways to run my business. So, I pass the savings on to you and generally charge less today than what was charged in the past. My current rate structure is as follows:
- Personal Services: $70 per hour for on-site or phone support. Time billed includes round-trip travel time and 50 cents per mile.
- Business Services: $90 per hour for on-site or phone support. Time billed includes round-trip travel time and 50 cents per mile.
- Emergency Response: At my discretion, on-site support with a response time within 24 hours may be available. However, the rates are $90 per hour for personal services and $120 per hour for business services. These higher rates are charged to compensate for other appointments being cancelled on short notice.
10% Volume Discount. For every 10 hours of support, the 10th hour is free (within a 30-day period). So, that’s a $70 to $90 value for our regular customers. This also applies when when 10 hours are paid in advance (even if used over more than 30 days).
Positive Community Impact Package – $360. For projects and initiatives that demonstrate the potential for having a positive impact on the community, we offer a special flat rate of $360 which includes additional promotion and marketing services such as printing and Facebook Page management. For facebook advertising, these costs need to be reimbursed unless we decide to contribute additional funds to expand reach.
Positive Community Impact Grant – FREE. For smaller organizations, as we’re able, we will pay for website setup, hosting, and site management. An example of this would be the AVPIowaCity.org website.
Mileage and Round-Trip Travel Time Charge. I make every effort to minimize travel time and expenses to keep your costs down. Yet, here’s why I charge for round trip travel time and mileage:
- Much of the support and training I provide is done using remote support software, and through phone or email communications.
- Increasingly I’ve found that many of the on-site support calls I make are for minor issues that take only a few minutes, yet the cost and time of travel still need to be recuperated.
- Some service providers charge a minimum fee for trips. Because I have some clients within walking distance (a few minutes), and others a 30 minute drive away, I feel it’s better to charge for round-trip travel time and vehicle mileage (if applicable) instead. This way costs are paid as accrued.